A test you go and do feeling confident can just be ruined when you realise you got a question wrong because of a silly mistake.
Like today, I got my science test back, I was really looking forward to see how I went, I'd actually been trying hard this term, but I read through it and it turns out I drew a plant cell, NOT an animal cell.
Now they call them 'silly mistakes.' But I just felt stupid. A downright 'smack yourself in the face because it was so obvious' kind of feeling. It was a stupid mistake. Not silly.And I couldn't do anything about. Except pray that when our tests get remarked (one of the teachers didn't know that half marks weren't allowed) I would get maybe a higher score. Maybe.
Like today, I got my science test back, I was really looking forward to see how I went, I'd actually been trying hard this term, but I read through it and it turns out I drew a plant cell, NOT an animal cell.
Now they call them 'silly mistakes.' But I just felt stupid. A downright 'smack yourself in the face because it was so obvious' kind of feeling. It was a stupid mistake. Not silly.And I couldn't do anything about. Except pray that when our tests get remarked (one of the teachers didn't know that half marks weren't allowed) I would get maybe a higher score. Maybe.
And I say all of this with a face-palm.
(But I say THAT with a wink!)
(But I say THAT with a wink!)

No comments:
Post a Comment